I launched the cover reveal and announcement of pre-orders for Magic’s Stealing yesterday, so make sure to check that out if you haven’t already. 🙂
In the meantime, I have ideas for new posts, primarily based on my writing process, though they do include minor spoilers (per usual) for the various stories. Possible topics include “Developing A Magic System – Glass-stone (The Wishing Blade series),” “To Swear or Not to Swear,” “How to Keep Characters Alive Under Dire Circumstances/Using Game-play to Solve a Story Problem (The Multiverse Chronicles),” and “Dealing With Multiple Character Motivations in a Scene (The Wishing Blade series).” Let me know if any of them stand out to you that I should write first.
For now, though, I thought I’d go over my publishing process from the past couple days. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Last couple days:
- Marked up paper manuscript of Magic’s Stealing. Input changes into ebook file.
- Added the table of contents and platform-specific adjustments to each file.
- Quickly proofed both files with their table 0f contents on my Kindle.
- Uploaded files to Smashwords and Kindle (and discovered that if you have the final file ready, you can set the pre-order for only a couple days away).
- Checked that those files uploaded properly the next day.
- Added the book to Goodreads.
- Changed my accounts to have new author photo.
- Updated the main Infinitas Publishing website with the new book cover, blurb and links. Corrected Battle Decks name, and added a blog post.
- Tweeted the pre-order announcement from the publisher account (which is specifically meant for announcements).
- Prepared a blog post announcing pre-orders and revealed cover. (Thank you to everyone who shared the post! I appreciate it. 😀 )
- Responded to tweets.
- Sent email to potential reviewer and cover reveal/book launch blogger.
- Sent emails to beta readers to offer a thank-you copy of the final ebook.
- Wrote up this list to help me keep track of what I’ve done thus far.
- Complete book cover assignments from separate project (I’m really glad I got through most of those before trying to launch Magic’s Stealing).
- Update author photo on Author Central for non-US countries, since they have separate web logins.
- Research potential reviewers and make contact.
- Continue editing The Multiverse Chronicles episodes. Isaac is getting well ahead of me in getting the rough draft written.
- Start writing The Shadow War (I have the first portion written in rough form, but I already know there’s a few big changes I need to make before continuing).
- Take a break every now and then. Probably in the form of role-playing one of my favorite characters in the current campaign with Isaac. (Side note: It will be a while before that particular story gets written. It’s highly convoluted… which is what happens when dealing with a super-powerful fourthwaller. *Ahem.*)
That’s the plan. I hope you enjoyed this post. 🙂 Have you had any experiences with preparations for releasing a book?